Recipe of Traditional Baklava: Baklava is a traditional sweet pastry from Turkey that is made with layers of phyllo dough, honey, and chopped nuts. This delicious treat is a staple of Middle Eastern cuisine and is loved by people all over the world. In this article, we will be sharing a traditional recipe for baklava that will help you make the perfect layers of phyllo dough, honey, and nuts.
Traditional Baklava Recipe: How to Make the Perfect Layers of Phyllo Dough, Honey, and Nuts
- 1 pound of phyllo dough
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (pistachios or walnuts work best)
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with some of the melted butter.
- Take the phyllo dough out of the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- While the phyllo dough is thawing, make the filling. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped nuts, sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir well to combine.
- Once the phyllo dough is thawed, take a sheet of phyllo dough and place it in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Brush the sheet with some of the melted butter. Repeat this process with the remaining sheets of phyllo dough, layering them and brushing them with butter in between each sheet.
- Once you have used all of the phyllo sheets, spread the nut filling evenly over the top.
- Roll the remaining sheets of phyllo dough and place them on top of the nut filling, brushing each sheet with butter as you go.
- Cut the baklava into squares or diamond shapes, making sure to cut all the way through to the bottom.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, sugar and water. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the honey mixture evenly over the baklava.
- Bake the baklava in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Let the baklava cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Tips to Make Baklava Delicious
- Make use of premium components, such as fresh phyllo dough and premium almonds.
- For a flaky and crispy structure, make careful to spread butter or oil onto each layer of phyllo pastry.
- To give the nut mixture more taste, mix in seasonings like cinnamon or cardamom.
- Before baking, slice the baklava into sections with a pointed knife to stop the layers from moving.
- For optimal taste and moisture, pour the sugar syrup over the heated baklava and let it sink in.
CLICK TO READ MORE TURKISH RECIPES
This traditional baklava recipe is guaranteed to turn out perfectly every time. The key is to make sure that each layer of phyllo dough is well-coated with butter, and that the nut filling is evenly distributed throughout the pastry. Serve it with a cup of Turkish coffee and enjoy the perfect blend of sweet and nutty flavors.
- You can Follow US on our social media pages for more useful information / latest updates. Please, like our Facebook Page.
- Read our most recent informative articles to learn more.
- You are also requested to promote this website by telling others about this, Thanks for support and cooperation.