Recipe of Turkish Red Lentil Soup: Turkish Red Lentil Soup, also referred to as Mercimek ‘orbas,’ is a well-liked broth throughout the globe, particularly in Turkey. It’s a filling soup that tastes good both as an appetizer and a main course. This soup is excellent for a weekday supper or a weekend picnic and is not only tasty but also extremely simple to prepare.
Recipe of Lentil Soup: Cozy and Comforting Recipe for Weeknight Dinners
Here is a Turkish red lentil soup dish that will soothe your heart and please your palate.
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Warm the olive oil over medium heat in a big saucepan or Dutch oven. When the veggies are ready, add the onion, carrot, and potato and sauté for 5 minutes.
- When aromatic, add the chopped garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, veggie stock or water, along with the red lentils. To mix, thoroughly stir.
- The broth should be brought to a boil, then simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the lentils are soft, on medium heat.
- Stir the broth thoroughly after adding the tomato puree. Continue to boil the broth for a further 5 to 10 minutes, or until it slightly thickens.
- Smooth and creamy broth can be achieved by blending it with an immersion mixer or a standard blender.
- Add salt and pepper to flavor when preparing the broth.
- Pour the broth into plates and top with fresh parsley for decoration. Lemon slices should be served on the side.
Tips to make Red Lentil Soup Delicious
- Use high-quality red lentils because they can have a significant impact on the soup’s taste and mouthfeel. Always choose fresh, high-quality red legumes that are debris-free.
- Avoid overcooking the legumes because they will become soft and tasteless if you do. Make sure the legumes are only barely soft when finished cooking.
- Your personal tastes should be taken into account when adding seasonings. If you like it hot, increase the quantity of red pepper flakes; if you like it milder, cut back on the seasonings.
- Use vegetable stock to give the soup more flavor: If you don’t have any vegetable broth on hand, you can substitute water for it.
- Use fresh herbs as a garnish to give the broth a burst of color and flavor. Examples include parsley and cilantro. For added richness, you can also add a spoonful of yogurt or sour cream.
CLICK TO READ MORE TURKISH RECIPES
The recipe for Turkish Red Lentil Soup is ideal for weekday meals or whenever you want a hearty and warming dish. It is vegan, gluten-free, and loaded with fiber and protein from the legumes. The entire family will appreciate a tasty and healthy soup that you can prepare with the proper ingredients and a few straightforward instructions. So the next time you’re craving warm comfort cuisine, try this recipe for Turkish Red Lentil Soup.
- You can Follow US on our social media pages for more useful information / latest updates. Please, like our Facebook Page.
- Read our most recent informative articles to learn more.
- You are also requested to promote this website by telling others about this, Thanks for support and cooperation.