Recipe of Sutlac Dessert: Turkish rice pudding, also known as sutlac, is a rich and delectable dessert that is excellent for cooling off on a hot summer day. The texture of this treat, which is prepared with rice, milk, sugar, and cinnamon, is silky and velvety. Here is a recipe with step-by-step instructions for creating the ideal sutlac treat at home.
Recipe of Sutlac Dessert: Cool Down with this Creamy and Delicious Turkish Rice Pudding
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cinnamon powder, for garnish
- In a fine-mesh colander, rinse the rice until the water is clear. Add the rice and 2 cups of water to a big pot. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Then, turn the heat down to a simmer and cook the rice for 20 to 25 minutes, or until it is cooked.
- Add the milk, sugar, and cinnamon stick to the skillet after the rice has finished cooking. Stirring continuously will help prevent the milk from burning as you bring the combination to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cornstarch and water should be combined in a small dish and whisked until the cornstarch is completely absorbed. Stir the combination while adding the cornstarch mixture to the skillet for 10 to 15 minutes or until it thickens.
- Add the vanilla essence after taking the skillet off the heat. Throw out the cinnamon stalk.
- Place the sutlac in small serving bowls or a single big serving plate. Sutlac should be allowed to reach room temperature before being wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated for two to three hours.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top of the sutlac before serving as a topping.
Tips to Make Sutlac Dessert Delicious
- Use Short-Grain Rice: Short-grain rice has a high starch content, which contributes to the smooth mouthfeel of sutlac, making it the ideal rice to us.
- Stir Continuously: It’s crucial to stir continuously while boiling the rice and milk combination to avoid scorching the milk and to ensure a smooth and buttery texture.
- Don’t Overcook the Rice: Because it will become soft when it cools. It’s crucial to boil the rice just long enough for it to be tender but retain some structure.
- Utilize Premium Ingredients: For the finest sutlac, premium milk, sugar, and vanilla essence should be used. Your sutlac will have the finest taste and texture as a result.
Turkish delicacy sutlac is a delectable and cooling treat that is ideal for cooling off on a sweltering summer day. With the proper formula and methods, making sutlac at home is simple and enjoyable. You can create the ideal sutlac treat with the aforementioned guidelines, one that is flavorful and has the ideal texture. Sutlac is certain to sate your sugary appetite whether you eat it as a dessert or a refreshment.