Chicken Pilaf is a classic dish that is popular in Turkey and many other parts of the world. The dish is made with rice, chicken, and a variety of spices and herbs, and it has a savory and delicious flavor that is sure to please any palate.
Recipe of Pilaf: Taste of Turkey A Savory Recipe for Classic Chicken Pilaf
- 1 pound ( 0.5 KG) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin, turmeric, and paprika and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the rice to the skillet and stir until it is well coated with the spices and vegetables.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the peas and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the peas are heated through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Serve the pilaf hot and enjoy!
This savory recipe for Classic Chicken Pilaf is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. The combination of spices and herbs gives it a unique and delicious flavor, while the tender chicken and fluffy rice make it a satisfying and filling meal. This dish is ideal for a weeknight meal or a big event. It can be served as a main dish, but also as a side dish to meat, fish or chicken.
You can also add your personal touch to this recipe by adding some other ingredients like chopped carrots, celery, or even a bit of saffron, which will add a new depth of flavor to your dish. Enjoy your delicious pilaf with a side of yogurt or a green salad, and you have a complete meal.
- You can Follow US on our social media pages for more useful information / latest updates. Please, like our Facebook Page.
- Read our most recent informative articles to learn more.
- You are also requested to promote this website by telling others about this, Thanks for support and cooperation.