Recipe of Urfa Kebab: The famous Turkish delicacy Urfa kebab, also known as Urfa çöp şiş, is named after the city of Urfa in the country’s southeast. Cubes of seasoned beef or lamb are impaled and cooked to perfection in this savory and spicy kebab. In this piece, we’ll look more closely at the origins and components of Urfa kebab and give you a step-by-step recipe so you can make this delectable meal at home.
Recipe of Urfa Kebab: Spice Up Your Kitchen with Turkish Urfa Kebab
The city of Urfa, which is in Turkey’s southeast, is the inspiration for the name of the dish known as Urfa kebab. It is frequently referred to as Turkey’s “spice center” and is well known for its extensive culinary customs. It is thought that the Urfa kebab developed in the bazaars and markets of the city and has been a mainstay of Urfa cuisine for generations.
You will require the following components to prepare Urfa kebab:
- 1 pound of cubed 1-inch meat or lamb
- 1 red onion sliced, 2 minced garlic
- Tomato puree, 1 tablespoon
- 1 tbsp. chili urfa
- 1-tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- To flavor, add salt and pepper.
- Combine the diced onion, minced garlic, tomato puree, Urfa pepper, paprika, cumin, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a sizable mixing dish.
- When the meat is completely covered in the marinade, add the sliced lamb or beef to the mixing dish and toss. For at least two hours or overnight, cover the bowl in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator.
- To avoid scorching, soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before barbecuing.
- Heat your griddle to a moderately hot setting.
- Leaving a tiny gap between each portion, thread the marinated meat onto the skewers.
- When the beef is cooked through and the outside has a mild char, place the skewers on the griddle and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
- Serve the Urfa kebab hot, topped with lemon slices and fresh cilantro.
Tips to Make Urfa Kebab Delicious
- The taste of the urfa pepper, a variety of desiccated chile pepper, is smoky and just a little bit sweet. You can purchase it online or at specialized food retailers.
- If you don’t have access to Urfa pepper, you can use another mild chili pepper variety or a mixture of smoky paprika and cayenne pepper as a replacement.
- Make careful to chop the meat into uniform pieces and leave a tiny gap between each portion on the skewer so that it cooks equally.
- Before barbecuing, you can add flavor by brushing the skewers with a combination of olive oil and lemon juice.
CLICK TO READ MORE TURKISH RECIPES
To sum up, Urfa kebab is a flavorful and spicily prepared meal that is sure to liven up your kitchen and dazzle your dinner visitors. This Turkish treat is a must-try for meat lovers and anyone seeking to broaden their culinary views thanks to its robust flavors and straightforward preparation. So collect your supplies, light the barbecue, and prepare to enjoy Urfa kebab’s rich heritage and flavors.
- You can Follow US on our social media pages for more useful information / latest updates. Please, like our Facebook Page.
- Read our most recent informative articles to learn more.
- You are also requested to promote this website by telling others about this, Thanks for support and cooperation.