Recipe of Sis Kebab: The famous Turkish meal sis kebab, also known as shish kebab, is prepared with marinated beef or lamb pieces that are skewered and cooked over an open flame. Whether you’re having an outdoor barbeque or simply looking for a fast and simple weeknight supper, this flavorful and delicious kebab is ideal for any event. In this piece, we will provide a step-by-step recipe for sis kebab and give advice on how to perfect the art of Turkish sis kebab.
Recipe of Sis Kebab: Mastering the Art of Turkish Sis Kebab
Sis kebab, which is also referred to as shish kebab, has a lengthy and illustrious past that dates back to the Middle East and Central Asia. The Iranian term “kabb,” which means “roasted pork,” is where the name “kebab” originates. The first people to skewer flesh on a pole and prepare it over an open flame are thought to have been the nomadic communities of the Central Asian steppes. The dish ultimately made its way to the Middle East and the Mediterranean area, and it is now enjoyed in a wide variety of forms all over the globe. The sis kebab, which is frequently prepared with beef or lamb and offered with rice, grilled veggies, and a variety of condiments and dips, continues to be a mainstay in Turkish cooking.
You’ll need the following items to prepare sis kebab:
- 1 pound of cubed, 1-inch meat or lamb
- 1 sliced red onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Tomato puree, 1 tablespoon
- 1-tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- To flavor, add salt and pepper.
- Combine the diced onion, minced garlic, tomato paste, paprika, cumin, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a sizable mixing dish.
- When the meat is completely covered in the marinade, add the sliced lamb or beef to the mixing dish and toss. For at least two hours or overnight, cover the bowl in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator.
- To avoid scorching, soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before barbecuing.
- Heat your griddle to a moderately hot setting.
- Leaving a tiny gap between each portion, thread the marinated meat onto the skewers.
- When the beef is cooked through and the outside has a mild char, place the skewers on the griddle and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
- Serve the sis kebab hot, topped with lemon slices and fresh cilantro.
Tips to Make Sis Kebab Delicious
- Make careful to chop the meat into uniform pieces and leave a tiny gap between each portion on the skewer so that it cooks equally.
- Before barbecuing, you can add flavor by brushing the skewers with a combination of olive oil and lemon juice.
- You can adjust the amount of paprika and cumin in the marinade for a subtler taste.
- For a full meal, sis kebab can also be served with grilled vegetables or rice pilaf on the side.
CLICK TO READ MORE TURKISH RECIPES
In summation, sis kebab is a tasty and simple meal that can be served at any time. This Turkish favorite will undoubtedly become a staple in your cooking arsenal thanks to its strong flavors and straightforward preparation. So get set to learn the technique of the Turkish sis kebab by gathering your supplies, lighting the grill, and getting cooking.
- You can Follow US on our social media pages for more useful information / latest updates. Please, like our Facebook Page.
- Read our most recent informative articles to learn more.
- You are also requested to promote this website by telling others about this, Thanks for support and cooperation.