Recipe of Mercimek Köftesi: A classic Turkish meal called Mercimek Köftesi can be served as a vegan and gluten-free substitute for meatballs. This recipe, which is made from lentils, onions, herbs, and seasonings, is a tasty and nutritious choice for those who want a vegetarian dinner. This essay will cover the Mercimek Köftesi recipe as well as some suggestions for improving it.
Recipe of Mercimek Köftesi: The Delicious Vegan and Gluten-Free Lentil Balls
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fine bulgur, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red pepper paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Add 3 cups of water and the rinsed legumes to a big saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook the lentils for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Chop the onion, parsley, and mint into fine pieces while the legumes are simmering.
- Combine the cooked legumes, soaked bulgur, minced onion, cilantro, and mint in a sizable mixing dish.
- To the combining dish, add cumin, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper paste (if using), and tomato paste. Once all the components are mixed, thoroughly stir.
- Mix well after adding water and olive oil to the combining dish. The combination needs to be sufficiently sticky to make balls.
- Form the ingredients into tiny balls or patties using moist palms. Before serving, arrange them on a platter and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- A non-stick skillet should be heated to medium heat when it’s time to serve. The lentil patties should be cooked in a little olive oil for about 5-7 minutes per side, until they are caramelized on both sides.
Tips to Make Mercimek Köftesi Delicious
- To achieve the finest texture, use fine bulgur grains. The lentil patties won’t have the proper density if the bulgur is coarse.
- The tomato paste and red pepper paste are important because they give the meal a lot of taste.
- You can substitute tomato paste and chile powder for red pepper paste if you don’t have access to it.
- To suit your tastes, adjust the quantity of seasonings. Depending on your preferred level of spice, paprika, and mint, you can adjust the amount.
- To make the sauce, use fresh lemon juice. Lemon juice from a bottle won’t have the same taste.
- Serve the lentil patties with a side salad or pita bread to make the meal more filling.
CLICK TO READ MORE TURKISH RECIPES
Finally, Mercimek Köftesi is a tasty and nutritious vegan entrée that is simple to prepare and ideal for any event. You can make a quantity of flavorful lentil patties that are sure to amaze your visitors by following these easy directions and advice.
- You can Follow US on our social media pages for more useful information / latest updates. Please, like our Facebook Page.
- Read our most recent informative articles to learn more.
- You are also requested to promote this website by telling others about this, Thanks for support and cooperation.