Recipe of Kunefe Dessert: Middle Eastern desserts like kunefe, also called knafeh, are prepared with cheese, chopped phyllo pastry, and sweet syrup. It is a widely consumed treat in the Middle East, Turkey, and Greece. Although making kunefe at home may seem difficult, with the proper formula and methods, it is a dessert that can be made at home without much difficulty. Here is a recipe with step-by-step instructions for creating the ideal kunefe treat at home.
Recipe of Kunefe Dessert: A Delicious Middle Eastern Dessert You Need to Try
- 1 package of shredded phyllo dough (kataifi)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded akawie cheese
- For the syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios (optional)
- the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the mozzarella and akawie cheeses in a dish.
- To keep the phyllo pastry from drying out, remove the wrapping and place a damp cloth over it.
- Melted butter should be used to brush the dish’s underside.
- In order to make an even layer, press a tiny fistful of the phyllo pastry shreds into the baking dish. Continue doing this until the baking dish’s underside is completely coated.
- On top of the phyllo pastry layer that has been shred, scatter the cheese combination.
- Another fistful of the shredded phyllo pastry should be used to make an even layer on top of the cheese combination. Continue doing this until the entire cheese concoction is covered.
- Melted butter should be brushed over the top layer of the phyllo pastry shreds.
- In the prepared oven, bake the kunefe for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Make the sauce while the kunefe is simmering. The sugar, water, lemon juice, orange flower water, rose water, and powdered cinnamon should all be combined in a pot. When the combination has reached a rolling boil, turn down the heat, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the syrup has thickened.
- After the kunefe has finished baking, take it from the oven and drizzle the sauce over it right away, making sure to cover all of the crevices.
- Before serving, allow the kunefe to settle and absorb the sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, you may choose to garnish with chopped walnuts.
Tips to Make Kunefe Dessert Delicious
- Use High-Quality Cheese: For the finest taste and texture, use high-quality mozzarella and akawie cheese, which is a crucial component of kunefe.
- Don’t Overbake: Keep a watch on the kunefe while it bakes because it can rapidly turn from golden brown to burnt if you overbake it. Regularly check it and remove it from the oven as soon as it turns a light golden brown color.
- Pour the Syrup Slowly: Pour the sauce equally over the cooked kunefe, taking care to do so while doing so slowly. This will guarantee that the syrup coats every crevice and has a delicious, sticky substance.
- Let It Rest: It’s crucial to give the cooked kunefe at least 30 minutes to rest after you’ve poured the syrup over it in order for the syrup to completely absorb. This will contribute to the mouthfeel being smooth and moist.
CLICK TO READ MORE TURKISH RECIPES
A delectable Middle Eastern dessert, kunefe is simple to prepare at home with the proper ingredients and methods. This sweet delicacy is ideal for serving to visitors on special events or for enjoying after meals. Using the aforementioned advice, you can create the ideal kunefe dessert with the ideal structure and taste. Don’t be hesitant to try with various cheeses and toppings to make your own special take on this traditional dessert.
- You can Follow US on our social media pages for more useful information / latest updates. Please, like our Facebook Page.
- Read our most recent informative articles to learn more.
- You are also requested to promote this website by telling others about this, Thanks for support and cooperation.