Recipe of Karnıyarık: Traditional Turkish cuisine known as karnyark has been relished for generations. It is made up of filled eggplants that have been mixed with minced beef, onions, tomatoes, and various seasonings. The meal is substantial and flavorful, making it ideal for special events and family get-togethers. In this piece, we’ll provide a Karnyark recipe as well as suggestions for how to make it even tastier.
Recipe of Karnıyarık: A Hearty and Filling Turkish Eggplant Dish for Special Occasions
- 4 large eggplants
- 1 lb. ground beef or lamb
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Turn the oven on to 375°F.
- The eggplants should have their stems removed before being cut in half longitudinally. Leave a thin coating of meat on the skin after scoring the flesh with a knife and scooping it out with a spoon. To get rid of the acidity, salt the eggplants and let them rest for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat. When the shallots are tender and translucent, add the garlic and scallions and continue to sauté.
- Making use of a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, add the minced beef to the pan and heat until browned.
- To the pan, add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Simmer the tomatoes for 5 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Stir in the freshly chopped mint and cilantro in the pan.
- Pack the beef mixture firmly inside each eggplant piece.
- Put the filled eggplants in a baking tray, then cover them with water.
- Bake the eggplants for 45 minutes or until they are soft, covering the baking dish with aluminum foil halfway through.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the peaks are golden brown, after removing the metal foil.
- Lemon slices should be served alongside the steaming dish.
Tips to Make Karnıyarık Delicious
- Pick solid, mature eggplants. Make sure to select eggplants with smooth, shiny flesh that are weighty for their size. Unripe eggplants are less acrid and tastier.
- the eggplants with salt before boiling. To get rid of the acidity, salt the eggplants and let them rest for 30 minutes. Additionally, this will help the prepared eggplants keep their form.
- Make use of high-quality, fresh products. For the finest taste, use fresh seasonings, ripe tomatoes, and high-quality ground beef.
- The onions should be tender and transparent after cooking. By doing this, you can bring out their inherent richness and improve the taste of the food.
- Put a lot of the beef combination inside the eggplants. As a result, the eggplants will retain their form and the beef mixture won’t spill out.
- Utilize a blend of organic plants. The recipe is given a flavorful and fresh boost by the addition of fresh parsley and mint.
- Lemon slices are recommended. Lemon juice’s tartness adds a pleasant element to the meal and helps to cut through its richness.
CLICK TO READ MORE TURKISH RECIPES
Karnyark is a hearty and delectable Turkish meal that is ideal for special events and family get-togethers. The recipe is simple to follow and can be altered to fit your personal tastes. You can create a delectable and savory Karnyark that will amaze your visitors by using the advice provided in this article. Keep in mind to select firm, ripe eggplants, salt them before cooking, use premium, fresh ingredients, sauté the onions until translucent, stuff the eggplants firmly with the meat combination, use a variety of fresh herbs, and serve with lemon slices for a bit of tang. By keeping these suggestions in mind, you can prepare a delicious dinner that both your family and friends will remember and enjoy. Enjoy!
- You can Follow US on our social media pages for more useful information / latest updates. Please, like our Facebook Page.
- Read our most recent informative articles to learn more.
- You are also requested to promote this website by telling others about this, Thanks for support and cooperation.