Recipe of Ezogelin Soup: Turkish cuisine’s signature meal, ezogelin broth, is renowned for its robust flavor and hearty texture. It is a common dish in Turkish homes and is frequently given as a warm dinner in the winter. This soup is also referred to as “Turkish Bride Soup” because it is believed that the creator was a newlywed who wanted to please her mother-in-law with her culinary abilities.
Recipe of Ezogelin Soup: The Legend of the Turkish Bride Soup
In this article, we’ll give you a step-by-step formula for Ezogelin soup as well as some advice on how to make it tasty.
- 1 cup of rinsed and strained red legumes
- 1/2 cup of bulgur wheat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 liter of water
- 1 tablespoon of dried mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Olive oil should be heated in a sizable saucepan over a medium-high heat. Once they are tender and transparent, add the sliced garlic and onion and sauté for an additional two to three minutes.
- Stir well before adding the bulgur grains and scarlet lentils to the pot.
- Butter, tomato puree, and red pepper flakes should all be added to the saucepan and thoroughly mixed.
- Stir everything together in the saucepan after adding the water.
- When the legumes and bulgur wheat are cooked, turn the heat down to medium and let the broth simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- After the broth has finished cooking, turn off the heat and give it a few minutes to chill.
- Blend the broth in a food processor or with an immersion mixer until it has a smooth, creamy texture.
- Reheat the broth in the same saucepan at a medium heat. Add the powdered mint and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to flavor when preparing the broth.
- Hot broth should be served with fresh cilantro on top.
Tips to Make Ezogelin Soup Delicious
- Instead of water, you can use chicken or meat broth to give the soup more taste.
- For a sweet and tangy taste, some people like to add a spoonful of pomegranate molasses to the broth.
- For additional texture and nutrients, add some chopped veggies to the broth, like carrots or celery.
- More bulgur wheat can be added or the broth can be cooked for longer to achieve the desired consistency if you prefer a thicker sauce.
- To fit your flavor, you can change the proportion of red pepper flakes. Add more if you like it hot; use less if you like it moderate.
CLICK TO READ MORE TURKISH RECIPES
A traditional Turkish meal that is quick to prepare and flavorful is Ezogelin broth. You can make an impressive dish of Turkish Bride Soup by following the directions in this recipe and using our advice. It is a fantastic choice for a warming and nutritious dinner during the cooler months. Why not sample it and discover the distinctive flavors of Ezogelin broth for yourself.
- You can Follow US on our social media pages for more useful information / latest updates. Please, like our Facebook Page.
- Read our most recent informative articles to learn more.
- You are also requested to promote this website by telling others about this, Thanks for support and cooperation.