Recipe of Etli Dolma: Etli Dolma is a traditional Turkish delicacy that is loved by both residents and visitors. A delectable combination of minced beef, rice, herbs, and spices are stuffed inside grape leaves to create the meal. The recipe is then cooked in a savory broth until the mixture is thoroughly heated through and the grape leaves are soft. In this piece, we’ll give you a step-by-step recipe for Etli Dolma as well as some advice on how to make the meal even tastier.
Recipe of Etli Dolma: A Flavorful and Satisfying Turkish Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 jar of grape leaves (around 60-70 leaves)
- Ground meat, rice, parsley, mint, dill, onion, tomato puree, paprika, salt, black pepper, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves should all be combined in a sizable mixing dish. Stir everything thoroughly until it is all mixed.
- Drain the grape stems after giving them a cool water rinse. Cut the tough stalks to separate them from one another, then invert them on a level surface.
- Place the mixture on the center of a grape leaf by taking a dollop of it. The leaf is rolled into a tiny cylinder by folding the bottom portion over the filling and then folding the edges in toward the center.
- The filled grape leaves should be packed firmly into a large pot and stacked closely one on top of the other.
- Olive oil, water, and lemon juice should be combined in a dish before being poured over the filled grape leaves. Bring the combination to a boil over medium heat while covering the saucepan with a lid.
- When the rice is completely cooked and the grape leaves are soft, turn the heat down to low and let the filled grape leaves simmer for about 45 minutes.
- The saucepan should be taken off the heat once the dolma is completely prepared and allowed to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Tips to make Etli Dolma Delicious
- Use High-Quality Ingredients: Using top-notch ingredients is the secret to creating any delectable meal. Make your Etli Dolma taste wonderful by using fresh herbs, high-quality ground meat, and high-quality olive oil.
- Cook the Dolma Slowly: Cooking the dolma gently over low heat serves to infuse the grape leaves with the aromas of the center. The rice is completely cooked and the grape leaves are made tender by the slow cooking procedure.
- Serve with Lemon Slices: Serving the dolma with lemon wedges gives the meal a tangy taste that balances the filling’s creaminess.
- Store the Dolma in the Fridge: In the event that you have any extra dolma, keep it in the refrigerator. You can consume the dolma warm from the oven or chilled.
Turkish cuisine’s savory and filling Etli Dolma is ideal for any event. This recipe gives you a step-by-step tutorial on how to prepare the meal from the beginning, and the advice given will help you make the dish even tastier. No matter if you enjoy Turkish food or not.