Kung Pao Chicken is a traditional Chinese meal that has gained popularity across the world due to its unique combination of spicy and sweet ingredients. This recipe is a must-try for everyone who likes Chinese cuisine and wants a quick and easy supper to prepare at home. We’ll walk you through the steps to produce the perfect Kung Pao Chicken dish in this post.
Kung Pao Chicken Recipe: The Ultimate Spicy and Sweet Recipe
- 1 pound (0.5 KG) boneless, skinless chicken breast cubes
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 chopped dried red chili peppers
- 1 big sliced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, diced into 1″ cubes
- 1 pound (0.5 KG) roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- two tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Heat the oil in a wok or big frying pan over medium heat. Cook for 30 seconds, or until the Sichuan peppercorns and dried chili peppers are aromatic.
- Cook it until the chicken gets brownish on both sides. After removing from the wok, set aside.
- Cook the onion, garlic, and ginger in the same pan for 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Cook for another 2 minutes after adding the red and green bell peppers.
- Cook for 1 minute after adding the peanuts.
- Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and water in a small mixing dish.
- Add the sauce to the pan with the chicken. Stir for 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is well covered.
- Serve with rice and relish!
ALSO SEE: Chiense Recipes
Kung Pao Chicken is a flavorful recipe that comes together quickly. The mix of hot chili peppers and sweet hoisin sauce produces a delightful balance that everyone at the table will enjoy. For a complete and fulfilling supper, serve this over rice or noodles. Try this recipe and experience the ultimate spicy-sweet mix for yourself!